Examples of basic sports club marketing:
- Placing information about membership registrations in the local newspaper or on roadside signs.
- Offering a discount on court hire prices to induce greater use of the courts.
- Improving club facilities.
- Being helpful to prospective members.
All of these things help position a club to achieve set goals, which can include:
- Attract new members and retain current members.
- Attract sponsors.
- Increase revenue.
- Build community goodwill.
No matter what a club wants to achieve, it’s highly likely a marketing plan can contribute to a positive outcome.