It has particular access problems for people who use a wheelchair or who have an ambulant disability where climbing stairs is difficult. The only entrance to the building has a flight of steps leading to the main reception area. There is a ramp on the Cliff Street entrance, however, it is too steep and unsafe to be used independently by people who use a wheelchair. Once inside, the ground floor space is accessible, however, the upstairs area is not. Public transport and accessible parking are in close to the venue. Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Assistance is available at the venue, so contact the venue before visiting to discuss your specific access needs.
Telephone +61 8 9335 8366
- There are bus stops near the train station on Phillimore Street and it is a short walk to the venue. There is a CAT bus to the venue which stops on Phillimore Street. The bus stop is accessible.
- The nearest train station is Fremantle. The path from the train station to the venue is wheelchair accessible.
- There is a set down/pick up point outside the front doors of the venue on Phillimore Street, suitable for cars, taxis, maxi taxis and small buses.
There is one accessible parking bay on Cliff Street (on corner of the building). The bays are wide and even. The bays are clearly marked and people using these bays must display a current ACROD parking permit.
Approach to the building
- A footpath joins the accessible parking bay to the front door. There are two large steps to the front door and no available ramp.
- Wheelchair access is only via the Cliff Street door (near the accessible parking bay) and must be pre-arranged as the door is locked.
- The ramp is steep and should not be used independently by people who use a wheelchair.
There are two steps to the front door and no available ramp.
Foyer, corridors and general areas
There is sufficient circulation space to move through all essential areas of the venue.
There is no lift available to the upper floors.
- Wheelchair accessible toilets are available.
- The toilets comply with Australian Standards.