Enlivened and successful communities and economy.
To facilitate lively communities and economy and the offering of outstanding and inclusive sporting and cultural experiences.
Our values include:
Our objectives are:
- to partner with local government to deliver good governance to community
- to promote participation and achievement in sport, recreation, culture and the arts
- to support and grow the cultural industries
- to promote the benefits of cultural diversity and social inclusion
- to provide opportunities in the hospitality sector by reducing red tape on the liquor and gambling industries
- to celebrate Aboriginal culture and preserve history and traditions.
We will achieve this by:
- working collaboratively with other State government departments
- creating synergies and finding efficiencies in business functions
- responding proactively to State government imperatives such as election commitments and stated strategic priorities
- contributing to the achievement of government targets
- community-focused engagement and partnerships.
- Duncan Ord OAM, Director General
- Michael Connolly, Deputy Director General
- Margaret Butcher, Assistant Director General
- Glen Kar, Executive Director Corporate Services
- Kim Ellwood, Executive Director Planning and Service Delivery, and Sport and Recreation
- Rob Didcoe, (interim) Executive Director Culture and the Arts
- Anna Wyatt, Director Aboriginal Culture and History
- Kim Ellwood, Executive Director Office of Multicultural Interests
- Lisa Fanciulli, Executive Director Infrastructure