High Performance Unit
2006 the department established a High Performance Unit to support and complement
the operations of WAIS and to build talent development capacity in SSAs.
The unit has two staff:
- Project Officer Pathway Development
- Talent Development Coordinator
The department currently provides a flexible system of consultancy and
support to targeted SSAs for a variety of high performance initiatives
including the following:
- High performance capacity assessments and system reviews
- High Performance Leaders Network
- Regional Talent Development
- Developing Champions – program to assist the development of aspiring young athletes to gain personal development and life skills
- Athlete Travel Subsidy Scheme.
support mechanisms are designed to assist SSAs and peak industry bodies
to work in partnership with the State Government to develop their sport
activities. The priorities and needs of organisations – including WAIS,
as well as government policy and priorities determine funding
allocations and department support.