- Businesses invited to submit proposals to deliver a program of activation and events at the new Western Australian Museum.
- Activations will complement the museum's vibrant program of year-round exhibitions and established events.
- The new Western Australian Museum is a major cultural tourism destination, expected to attract hundreds of thousands of visitors each year.
Three requests for proposal have been launched calling for businesses to submit plans about how they could help activate the new museum.
Successful operators will support and enhance the new museum's annual calendar of events, contributing to a vibrant and active city, drawing visitors to the Perth Cultural Centre throughout the week, including after-dark.
Requests for proposal are now open for:
- experienced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-owned cultural businesses to deliver programs that improve knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture in WA
- skilled cultural experience and workshop facilitators to create a range of cultural events and experiences for a wide audience
- experienced health and wellness instructors to develop a public program based around the principles of health and wellbeing.
Events and experiences can be programmed within a range of new museum spaces including in the stunning heritage buildings; in the Woodside Learning Studios; contemporary public spaces; and the impressive outdoor City Room at the entrance of the new Museum.
Operators are encouraged to put forward ideas for exciting programs for visitors of all ages and backgrounds, to be delivered using their indigenous knowledge and creative practices.
Submit your idea to deliver programs in the new Western Australian Museum
Applications close on 11 September 2020.
The new WA Museum is opening on 21 November 2020, with free general admission for the first 18 months, and a spectacular nine-day opening festival.