A state-wide Learning and Development and Every Club review was undertaken in January 2020 on behalf of the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
The project aimed to:
- Review the current learning and development strategy (2018 to 2020) deliverables and consult with industry to inform the development of relevant and contemporary learning and development opportunities for the sport and recreation sector.
- Consult with sports and local governments to clarify their views on the roles and responsibilities related to club development in WA and inform the department’s future policies.
- Review the four components of the Every Club Program (2018 to 2020) and provide options and recommendations for the delivery of future club development opportunities in WA.
Three reports were submitted for consideration by the department in May 2020.
- Learning and Development Review report
- Every Club Review report
- Club Development Roles and Responsibilities discussion paper
Phase two consultation
The phase two consultation survey was designed to establish the level of industry support. Representatives were invited to rate the extent to which they agree or disagree with report findings and recommendations.
The survey closed mid August 2020 and feedback has been summarised to form a response to the preliminary findings report.
This document was open for final comment until 15 September 2020.
- Findings and recommendations that have a high degree of support are likely to be accepted and considered as part of the Learning and Development and Every Club implementation plan.
- Those with discrepancies in the level of support will be explored with the Industry Advisory Groups for further consideration.
- These recommendations will be supported and implemented as applicable as part of the department's state-wide Learning and Development Framework.