The program invites applications every three years and consists of two categories with a minimum request of $100,000 per annum:
- Producing and Presenting
The objective of the Arts Organisations Investment Program is to invest in a range of small to medium organisations that collectively:
- creates and presents high quality and diverse arts, cultural and creative experiences for the people of Western Australia
- supports the sector to develop art form, cultural and creative cultural practices
- reflects the State’s identity through telling Western Australian stories, and developing creative content in Western Australia
- increases the reach, depth and diversity of audience engagement with, and participation in, the arts, cultural and creative sector
- contributes to the State’s creative economy, and employ and develop professional artists and arts, cultural and creative workers
- supports the State Government’s priorities of increasing Western Australian employment and attracting tourists
- are led by boards and lead creatives that reflect the diversity of Western Australian society.
The program invited applications in May 2019 and received 61 eligible applications.
A peer panel was convened to assess and provide recommendations to the department and the Minister for Culture and the Arts. The panel was chaired by Professor Ted Snell AM, Cit WA and included Natalie Jenkins, Abdul-Rahman Abdullah, Nina Levy, Glenn Iseger-Pilkington, Elizabeth Spencer, Gina McGill, Irina Cattalini and Suzie Haslehurst.
In October the Minister for Culture and the Arts announced the successful organisations in a media statement.
The next round of the program will open in 2021/22 for funding commencing in 2023.