The initiative encourages the development of a vibrant and sustainable Western Australian theatre sector by supporting high quality professional productions in the mid-tier sector that include a clear audience development strategy, provide professional development opportunities for WA theatre practitioners and offer the potential to tour regionally and/or nationally.
Individuals, groups and organisations resident in Western Australia are welcome to apply, however:
- individuals must have Australian citizenship or permanent resident status
- groups including unincorporated bodies, partnerships and individuals informally collaborating on an activity must be based in Australia
- organisations must either be registered under law (e.g. incorporated association, company limited by guarantee) or created by law (e.g. university, school or government statutory authority)
- if you are applying on behalf of Aboriginal people you must provide evidence of significant Aboriginal involvement in the conception, development of, and participation, in the activity
- although WA residency is not a requirement to apply for a grant, if you are applying from outside WA you will need to show the benefits to WA artists, creatives, arts or cultural workers in your application
- Arts Organisations Investment Program recipients are eligible to apply to this program only if producing in partnership with a WA creative team or theatre company that is not a current recipient of annual funding from DLGSC.
Refer to the guidelines for more information before applying.
Western Australian Theatre Development Initiative Grant Program guidelines