They are part of an overall strategy that seeks to achieve a
standard of practice that assists in:
- Fostering a responsible drinking
- Ensures safety in the local community.
- Promotes effective
communication and problem solving between licensees and key
Each liquor accord is focused on resolving local issues within a local
area. Although individual accords may have similar elements, there are
no two the same.
Liquor accords may include representatives from licensed premises,
businesses, councils, police, government departments and other community
The intended outcomes of liquor accords include:
- Reducing of anti-social behavior in and around licensed premises.
- Reducing alcohol-related violence, ill-health and other harm.
- Increasing the responsible service of alcohol.
- Improving licensees and club operators, managers and staff knowledge of legislative obligations.
- Reducing alcohol-related road trauma.
- Facilitating and maintaining positive communication between stakeholders.
- Enhancing community cooperation and understanding of the various roles and resources of government agencies.
- Enhancing community engagement in various controls and strategies that affect their community.
- Improving local amenity through the development of proactive and effective responses to local issues.
Licensing Enforcement Division, WA Police
Telephone +61 8 9231 7169
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
Racing, gaming and liquor enquiries
Telephone +61 8 6551 4888