Step 3: Making payment to complete the lodgement
Your application is not deemed lodged until payment has been received by this department.
After completing the application form you will be directed to the payment section. Alternatively you can make payment via the My Account page under Outstanding Fees.
- Locate and expand the Outstanding Fees section using the + buttons.
- Locate your outstanding fee and click the + button to open the available payment options.
- Select either Pay Online or View Quote:
- Pay Online will allow you to pay immediately via credit/debit card.
- View Quote will instruct you on how to pay via BPay, cheque, money order or cash and will provide you with a quote to print and post with any non-electronic payments.
- Follow the instructions provided to complete your payment. Remember if mailing a cheque through to the department the cheque must be made payable to the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
There are two different fees for this application depending on whether it is completed online or requires attendance at an Australia Post Office.
Please note that if you wish to have a new photograph taken for the ID card you will need to print off the Application Summary from your online application and take it to an Australia Post Office together with ID to prove your identity and make payment. Your new photograph will be taken as part of this process. Please note that requesting a new photograph with your replacement ID card will result in a higher fee.