It is also against the law for anyone to buy liquor on behalf of a juvenile, or supply them liquor on a licensed or regulated premises.
Identification and Proof of Age Cards
The following documents are the only forms of identification that can be accepted by a licensee to prove age in circumstances where they suspect a person is a juvenile seeking entry to licensed premises:
- A current Australian driver's licence with a photograph.
- A current passport.
- A current Australian learner’s driver permit with photograph.
- WA Proof of Age Card (note new cards ceased being issued on 1/1/2015).
- Proof of Age card or equivalent issued in an Australian state or territory.
- A current WA Photo Card.
- A current NSW Photo Card.
- A Photo Card issued by any Australian state or territory similar to the NSW/WA Photo Card.
- A hard copy of the Keypass card issued by Australia Post.
More information on the features of the WA Photo Card