The department does not have a catering
licence covering the sale or supply of alcoholic beverages at our
recreation camps. Alcohol is not permitted at any camp unless written
approval has been provided by the camp manager to the client in
accordance with the approval protocol. The application form must be
submitted to camp management for consent to be considered.
Consent will only be provided where:
- a written request is lodged with the camp manager no less than 60 days before the arrival date;
- a group nominee is appointed as the responsible delegate for the event;
- the client will only serve alcohol with a meal and consume in a designated area;
- the client endorses harm minimisation strategies in the consumption of alcohol;
- there is no financial transaction relating to the provision of alcohol;
- alcohol is not for sale on site;
- a security bond is provided as required; and
- where alcohol is being served, guests are encouraged to consume in moderation.
Consent will not be provided where:
- school groups or under-age sporting groups are impacted;
- alcohol is intended to be sold; and/or
management believes the quantity and type of alcohol available for the
event is likely to cause harm to guests and potentially impact on the
security of the site.
only consume alcohol in moderation. We believe it is essential to create
a greater awareness of harm minimisation and contribute to the
reduction of alcohol related problems such as drink driving, aggressive
and anti-social behaviour.
Clients and guests achieve this by:
- Prohibiting the service of alcohol to all persons under the age of 18 years.
- Refusing alcohol to persons who are believed to be approaching an intoxicated state.
- Encouraging harm minimisation strategies by promoting low alcohol beer complemented by a variety of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Encouraging a mature approach to alcohol consumption.
- Actively promoting initiatives to prevent drink driving in order to safeguard the wellbeing of guests.
- Requiring clients to appoint a nominee to take a proactive role in ensuring the wellbeing of your group.
The department will review this policy annually.