Clubs need to plan their long-term viability in order to grow.
Planning helps to:
- Look at where the club has come from, where it is now, where it wants to go and how it is going to get there
- Identify the main objectives of the club
- Encourage the members to get involved in the development of the club
- Adjust to changes in the current environment that have an impact on the club
- Ensure that resources (human, physical and financial) are used effectively
- Evaluate the progress of the club
- Bring order into the hectic business of running a club.A plan
provides an essential guide to the club committee, especially new
members to that committee
- Educate and provide information to groups/stakeholders external
to the club. For example, it is usual for the local government to be an
essential ‘partner’ for the club. Your local government should be
provided with a copy of your plan or at least ‘walked through’ the plan
to ensure they have an understanding of the club’s future.